Now that the weather is so beautiful, I try to get Jack and I out in it almost every night. We walk, picnic, go to the park or play with SofĂa. He is such an easy going little one that he is always happy to do whatever. I'm looking forward to more times like these this summer, especially now since we have a state park car pass to use!
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Take a Hike!
On Saturday, Jack and I joined my parents, Annie and Max, my Aunt Chris and co-workers and friends of my Dad to hike through Highland State Park. The cause was to raise money for my Dad's Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraising since he was nominated as Man of the Year. It was the perfect day for a hike, sunny and warm but not too hot. We met at 1 and then took a 5 mile hike past all of the Ford family buildings (lodge, swimming pool, fountain, etc.) all lead by a wonderful guide who gave us SO SO much information on the trail that we would have just breezed right by without knowing. The entire time I carried Jack in my Boba carrier (even nursing him in it at one point). He was such a calm and happy baby through it all: sleeping, smiling, talking, enjoying the outdoors. I am surprised I did as well as I did! It was nice to spend the time with my family and to talk with my Aunt Chris, who has been vegan for a few weeks now. I'm glad I have got to see her at least once each month in the last 3 months. Afterwards we went out for some mediterranean food at one of my favorite restaurants, La Marsa. Only downside was that little arm below got quite the sunburn. No matter what I did, he would not put that arm in the carrier. First time mom figured he would be OK without sunscreen. Needless to say, we bought aloe and sunscreen after the hike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment