So as we hit the four month mark I really feel like he's becoming less and less baby like. He's hitting milestones left and right and is so curious about the world around him. Being back to work is no easier now but I take solace in knowing that he is really enjoying his time home with Trev. They play all day and really enjoy the time together. That makes Trevor and I working opposite hours easier to take as well (since some days I only see Trev for 30 minutes to an hour).
Anyway, this mamá is tired so I'm going to get right to the point with Jack this month.
-Jack is currently in 3-6 month and 6 month clothing. Some footed pjs are 6-9 months.
-He weighs 13 lbs 6 oz (10th percentile) and 24.5in (25th percentile). We have a peanut.
-He is a very happy baby. Lots of talking, giggles, laughs, smiles and TONS of screeching.
-His favorite toy is the oball and he can grab it (and many other things) with both hands now. He is always trying to watch TV but doesn't care for loud flashy toys. They overstimulate him and he freaks out. When he's in his jumperoo (which he loves) we have to turn the lights and sounds off or he melts down.
-Jack enjoys doing Jack airplane, any bouncing motion while saying "daboing" and when dad pats his back while talking to hear how his voice changes.
-Kicking is a ton of fun but now that means bath time is really splashy so the baby tub is in his bathtub now.
-We tried nursing without the shield but he blistered my nipples so were still using it. We have a little but of cradle cap or "dinosaur skin" but it's coming off easily by just combing it in the tub. He no longer screams in the car because Grandma and Grandpa Sheldon got him a DVD player for the car and it entertains him. He's becoming a distracted nurser because he's so curious about the world and is sill getting up every 1.5-2 hours at night. These are our struggles but he is worth every minute of them. One sight of his pout lip and I melt. I won't be letting him cry it out. I don't want to learn that I won't come when he cries. Until he has the words to verbalize why he is crying, I will come because who knows why he is crying? Maybe he's lonely, maybe hungry, maybe scared? Don't you ever wake up from a bad dream and roll over and snuggle your significant other? Waking up to snuggle me is no different. I'm willing to put up with the exhaustion to be there for him. Doesn't make it any easier, though, that's for sure!
-He enjoys grabbing his feet, putting his hands in his mouth, drooling, looking at himself in the mirror, blowing bubbles and raspberries and giving slobbery open mouth kisses. His neck and belly are really ticklish.
-He can't wait to sit up. He's constantly doing baby crunches.
So although he is cleared to start solids, I'm going to try to wait until 6 months. Partly to delay extra steps with cloth diapers and partly to be able to avoid food allergies since my sister and I had a ton when we were younger. I also want to try baby led weaning and skip rice cereal and purées and let him learn to feed himself.
Breastfeeding is draining. Pumping at work takes a lot of time and it takes a while to nurse but it is best with him and I'm committed to it. He's my number one priority and I want to give him the best start possible. Every month that going by and he's exclusively breastfed, I give myself another pat on the back.
As crazy and chaotic as our life is and as sleep deprived as I am, I am loving motherhood. He brings so much joy to my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment