Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jack is 3 Months Old!

How is my little bubba getting to be so big? I can't believe how interactive he is becoming! He's such a little person now and not that much of a baby blob. :)

So this is what Jack is up to now:

-he loves making spit bubbles
-he can grab some things and bring them to his mouth but he prefers trying to cram his whole fist in!
-he likes to raise his left arm up the entire time he lays on the changing table (that he loves being on).
-he is fascinated by his feet and tries hard to grab them.
-he's wearing 3-6 month and 6 month clothing because he is long limbed (not like his mama)!
-he has a little cradle cap that were working on.
-he takes amazing naps for Dad during the day but still likes waking up often to eat at night (now that Mom is back to work she's enjoying the extra cuddles).
-on 12.10.12 he rolled over onto his back from his belly-silly boy did it on Dad's first day watching him.
-he has really found his voice. He will talk forever if you say "ow" to him (kind of like the MN Vikings horn sound if you watch football). He's also starting to develop a belly laugh and a shriek! One day we thought he said dad and thank you!
-at night we have to swaddle him (he enjoys this now) and walk around in a dark room (bathroom) with the fan going and patting his butt while he falls asleep (but he is sleeping in his rock 'n play more-I think he's less restless this way).
-his neck is SO ticklish and he laughs and squirms when you kiss it. Sometimes his belly, too!
-he likes patty cake still but also when we have him dance "Gangnam Style" and sing "Heyyy, sexy baby" (instead of lady). Lol, poor kid!
-when he's fussy we call him "fuss pants".

I am down to 119lbs, so only 4 lbs to go. I'm going to try hard to keep cooking my own healthy vegan meals but it is hard when I want to spend my time with Jack after work (usually babywearing him for extra snuggles) and Trev works most evenings-so I'm solo. I'll stay vegan for sure but probably with some help from Trader Joe's frozen section.

I went back to work yesterday and its really hard. Hard because I miss Jack SO SO much (luckily Trev texts me pictures, videos and updates of their day) but hard also from not having started the year with my students. I hear it all takes time but it is painful in the meantime. I can't wait for Christmas break soon.

Well that's all for this month. I have a .25 year old that needs some extra snuggles! :)









































No comments:

Post a Comment