Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jack is one month old today!

I can hardly believe that our bubba (Jack's nickname...along with Jackariah...sorry bud!) is one month old.  Part of me feels like it was just yesterday and the other part of me can't remember what life was like before him.  It certainly didn't move this fast.  Once he got here life started moving at a lightening fast pace.  Because of that I make sure that I snuggle him as often as possible.  I have a hard time even putting him in his swing or bouncy (asleep or awake) just because I want to soak up every moment with him before he is mobile and more curious.  Being a mom is amazing.  Although my body is nothing like what it was before at this point, I don't mind.  It did an amazing job creating this adorable little person.  Speaking of little, he has grown "perfectly" as his doctor said today.  Here are his stats:
  • 9 lbs, 7.5 oz (50th percentile)
  • 22.5 inches long  (85th percentile)
In an attempt to remember everything I can about Jack's first month of life, I'm going to list some of his personality traits and things we have noticed.  I have no idea what is "normal" for babies but this is what my little guy is doing and what I want to remember about this incredible first month:
  • One of my favorite things that only I really can notice is he has a small little pulse on his upper left cheek when I am nursing him.  I like that it is something special for us.
  • He is absolutely amazed by lights.  He could stare at them for hours.  Also, this makes it look like he is watching sports when the TV is on...Trevor is proud.
  • He is obsessed with his hands.  It is a constant struggle during nursing to keep them away from his mouth.  He really wants to be a finger sucker and I am trying to avoid it with the use of his pacis.
  • He has been smiling since day one but is doing it more often now and giggling occasionally, too.  It melts our hearts.  We will sit there and just watch his facial expressions.
  • Speaking of which, after he eats, he makes so many facial expressions.  Smirks, eyebrow raises (one and both), angry faces, kissy lips or he will simply pass out in a milk coma.
  • He is a very gassy baby...this is where he is like Trevor.  Jack farts, burps, spits up, hiccups and everything in between more often than any baby I have ever been around.
  • He also has the same cowlick in his hair as Trevor.  It looks like his hair might be going blonde like Trevor's was when he was younger.
  • Jack loves bath time and hates to get out!
  • Like his mom he talks in his sleep (he sings, too...which I do not do!).  
  • Singing "You are my sunshine" and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" can usually pacify him for a little bit!
  • The rain noise on my White Noise App on my phone lulls him into sleep at night...thank goodness.
  • 8pm-12am are his fussy times and 6am-8am he usually wants to party.
  • On 10.8.12 he started really talking with us a lot.
  • When he is really hungry he will oink.
  • The first time he peed outside of his diaper was during a bath and he shot it straight into an electrical outlet.
  • He is wearing mostly 0-3 month clothing.  He could fit into some newborn but it is a stretch and I don't like the struggle.
  • He loves looking at baby in the mirror on his play mat and grabbing at the elephant and monkey.  During tummy time he is doing a great job of holding his head up!
Here is Jack at 1 month!:











 LINK TO PRO PICS BY AMANDA WILLIAMS:  Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment