11 Facts About Me:
- Like Ali, I have a tattoo that I forget about. It is the Japanese character for "dream". I got it the summer after my freshman year of college before going to Spain. I forget about it often because it is on my right shoulder and I rarely see it. I chose that tattoo because 1) I wanted to minor in Japanese but my school didn't have enough 300 and 400 level Japanese courses for me to get a teaching minor in Japanese and 2) I have always been a dreamer. I have vivid dreams every night and I am always day dreaming and thinking of new ideas.
- I did studio dance for 18 years and I will still randomly relevé or rond de jambe when out shopping or standing. I loved it and would like to do it again but I feel like I am in a weird age group of being too old for studio yet too young for the "mom" groups there.
- I have a photographic memory. Honestly. My mind takes pictures of EVERYTHING and I can never forget them. It is awesome and annoying at the same time. It really helped out with school. Trevor and I always make a fake camera taking a picture motion with our hands when I remember something so random. He is always shocked at random names and places I remember.
- I can't even tell you if I have ever ate hamburger or ground meats. Even before being vegan or vegetarian I couldn't get over how the texture must be (boogery) and it repulses me too much.
- I have been to Spain three times and it is my second home. I love it there and everything about the laid back culture. When I studied abroad, I had more culture shock coming back and adjusting to the US lifestyle than going there. When Trevor and I are tired of the tough life here he will say "Let's just sell the house and move to Spain." He loves it there, too! Boy do I wish we could do that sometimes.
- This probably isn't a surprise: I'm an info junkie. I love NPR, reading books, etc. I think being informed and continuing to learn is really important.
- Although I really do love my job, I wish at the same time there was enough time in the day to do something with yoga, veganism, breastfeeding, babywearing and the "earthy/crunchy" things I love as well. I'd like to do both.
- Speaking of yoga, I did it every day for an entire year about a year and a half ago. Then it got too be too expensive when Trevor went to paramedic school and now I want to spend my time with Jack when I come home (and Trev is at work). I miss it terribly and it was SO good for me emotionally, physically and psychologically. I hope to get back to it soon.
- I think most of you know that I have 2 Persian cats and 1 border collie/black lab. Here are some neat things about the cats. I have had Gato since I was 8...she will be 19 this July! Her name was originally Bailey but when I started taking Spanish in 6th grade I changed it to Gato (even though she is female, lol) and it stuck. No one in my family even says Bailey anymore. Leo was originally Lola until we went to get her/him neutered/spayed and the doctor found testicles! He called me and left a voicemail singing some song about a cross dressing Lola. He even offered to show them to me as proof! OMG. So we changed Lola to Leonardo. All of our pets have Spanish names. Eventually I would like a white cat named Nube (cloud). :)
- I'm currently trying to not eat processed sugar (it is really my only guilty thing since I eat plant based and no caffeine) but it is SO hard. I'm doing it because the little I do eat makes me crash and tired.
- Um, I'm running out of things here...I guess lastly, I really want to travel in the US more. It'll be easier to do now that we have a family but I always do so much international travel (and I am certainly not done) that I want to see more places like Boston, NYC, Cali, Oregon, etc.
If you could spend a day with one person (living or dead), who would that be? My late little brother Jack because it would bring a lot of joy to my family.
How much time do you spend on Facebook, really? Maybe an hour total. It's just a lot of quick skimming.
If you have a pet and animals could talk, what do you think yours would say about you? Feed me, throw my Kong, let me lay on you, stop talking to that baby and play with me more. Unfortunately it would probably be negative. I feel bad about not being as good of a mama to my furbabies as I used to now that Jack is here.
What did you want to be when you were in fifth grade? A lawyer and the local newspaper said marine biologist when they came to interview my class when we graduated. It really annoyed me. (Clearly, since I still remember it.)
If you could vacation anywhere (cost is not an issue), where would it be? I really don't like laying by the beach vacations, I am too much of a busy body. But I would say one of those little huts in Fiji or Tahiti on the water. Just because life is so hectic and I would love to just relax and spend some quite time with my little family.
What is your favorite meal to prepare? (Please include a recipe... Clearly I will want it to add to my meal planning.) Since Trev works many nights, I am just cooking for myself. I do manage to make a homemade meal every night but they are simple. I like whole wheat penne tossed with roasted tomatoes, spinach and garlic with crushed red pepper flakes or baked marinated tofu and potstickers and rice or quinoa, steamed spinach and vegan gravy with chickpeas.
What is your favorite Internet pastime? Reading blogs
Ok, assuming you get off the computer ever once in a while, what's your favorite pastime in general? Outside of being with my family? Cooking, reading and yoga. They are all equals.
What age do you view yourself - you know, you stop and think you are still that chubby fifth grader and haven't changed much since then (my own example)? Middle schooler. I'm still goofy and silly but I am also sassy.
Does your life feel complete? I don't know that life can ever feel that way but I love my life and am very content with it.
Ending on a simple note, what's your favorite color? Orange!

No comments:
Post a Comment